Kampung Boy In USA...!

Monday, August 21, 2006

My First Post - The REASONS....


Ok, I guess I am starting to blog now after inspired by Eileen and Daowen's blog and after overcoming my lazyness....

Biggest reason why I am so reluctant to blog is cuz I am phobia of writing... after my spring quarter of English class....... x_x I have to write 4 essays of 4 - 5 pages, double space, which is around 1500 to 2000 words each essay..... Each essay is given 2 weeks to write..... in high school which I only need to write 350 words.... and now 1500 words? Wat the hell?!!!

The process of completing a final draft of an essay required me to write several drafts first with changes and corrections upon each drafts until I am satisfied and hope the final draft will fetch a good gred.... I probably spend minimum 8 hours total to complete an essay.......exculding the first whole week of stressing abt it..... That is when my phobia of writing began..... To add up to this phobia, the first 3 of my essays got a C - wat the hell!! - in which 2 of that essays I had to spend another few more hours revisng and submit in in order to get a better gred...!
The other essay, my teacher said was beyond repair...... T-T

If that wasnt bad enough, twice a week, we have to read something and post our opinion that will be given marks that will contribute to the final gred on the Google group discussion board online...... The reading material aint easy to read... If average up, every sentence will have 2-3 words I do not understand. At first very rajin look up the word on the dictionary, after 15 minutes, jelak liau. So i skipped many words and only find the words that will cause me to totally not understand watever the heck the writer is trying to say. Even with the words understood, I still cant understand watever i am reading. Usually I will read a sentence or a pharragraph 4 or 5 times, thinking that will help me understand, but usually never did... In the end, have to use my own imagination and make the best out wat the writer is writing. It was a nightmare. Blaming my english 'char-ness' on Malaysia education system for not focusing on English and myself too for not improving my English, but mostly on the Malaysia education system.......
Worst of 70% of the time, my interpretation is wrong..... T-T
The required words of the posted opinion is 200-300 words per post, but I usually wrote more than 400 words...
Why?, u might ask....
Kiasu mah!! Needed the marks ok!!......

Last but not the freaking least, I have to read a 247-page of a who-the-hell-read-this novel named Gilead in 1 & 1/2 week time, which is utterly boring and a grandfather story,literally(it was a letter a 79 year old dying pastor wrote to his son in the future, not a son who is gonna be born in the future, but his 7 year old son who is gonna grow up in the future..... sounds boring already eh...). Typically, I end up not understanding many parts of the novel but luckily at the end the teacher gave us a reading guide to help understand the novel. And then I have to write a 2 page book review on the novel. Holy shit!!~~

All these was done in almost three months time. At the end, a phobia of writing was contracted in me............ which then explains why I am so lazy to write emails and messages to people... Every single time I think of writing, it is always 'I have to' and my whole body will lose energy...!

But on the bright side, blogging is kinda cool and fun.. I will be able to blog cool things that are happening in my life which is so much cooler and exciting now that I am in US....
And blogging can improve my writing skill as my English teacher said to improve in writing, you have to write more...

So, there you go, my first blog post...... Wo0t!

2.30 am liau..wanna go sleep....freaking tired! Hopefully this wont be my first and last post..! wakakka!



7 Comments:

  • At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Woohoo...jackson Ding finally start blogging!!good start!!! gambateh!!will always support u...n will help u to promote ur blog as well!!*winks*

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Daowen said…

    HAHAHA finally created a blog liao ar
    go get a chattterbox fast!

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    walau so loh soh! :P

     
  • At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i agree wif Mei Chan!!=D

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Jackson said…

    mei chan and eileen are now ban frrom reaading my blog :P

     
  • At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wah Jacks write blog! must be too sien ledi! Becoming too americano ledi

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yo, bro nice to hear frm u yo! I'm glad kampung boy is doing fine there...Yo sure u've grown fat there man...steak...beef... all heavy wan man. Cool! Hahahah. Hey, damn syok man ur life there. Hahah. go everywhere de? Btw, here alevels also hard la. Today exam chem. More than half HANTAM. Hehehe. U sure got gf there i guess? eheheh. Bye n Tata

     

Post a Comment

<< Home