Kampung Boy In USA...!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My US Life^^

So, I am living at 873 Laverne Way, Los Altos, CA, 94022, in a US$2million house. Living with a white family. My host is a manager of a construction company. His wife is a gred 6 teacher. They have 4 children. Chris is 26 yrs old and is staying here until he finds his own place. He never went to college, yet he is earning way more than a 100k US$ a year doing something to do with computers and sales. Eric, 23 yrs old, is now in Colorado studying in graduate school as a vet. Jeff and Suzanne is 20 yrs old and are studying in UC Santa Cruz and they live in Santa Cruz. There are four dogs in the house which are super cute, obedient and spoilt (they are allowed to go on the sofa and sleep on the bed) ........

So, every month I am paying $750 as rent. They supposely cook for me dinner 4 times a week but my host said that whenever they have dinner, I can have them too. They cook good food. Usually have beef burger, steak, chicken, occasionaly salmon, and lots more.And they also allowed me to eat watever food is in the house. So basically breakfast and lunch I would eat at home, either eating leftovers or I cook something simple like eggs, hot dogs and spiced chicken. They have wireless internet so I get to use it as well and do not have to subscribe my own internet. There is a big television in the living room which has a lot of channels, maybe a 100, and usually I am the one with the TV all by myself. I have a resonably big room to myself and a big bathroom as well. Only me and Cris are sharing the bathroom. The house has a big compund which is kinda neat.

The problem is when I wanna go to somewhere. Have to walk 15 minutes to the bus stop whenever I wanna take a bus. And the bus is so infrequent, every half hour. But this is nothing compared to Dao


who is cycling half hour everytime to go to college. CRAZY! Anyway, just few days ago, my host lend me his son's bike. So now I have a bike and it is so much easier to go somewhere. And in the evening, I would longkai around the neighbourhood and look at beautiful big houses. The neighbourhood is so so big but yet it is so quiet. Hardly see anyone around!

They are a good family and are treating me nicely. They joke alot and I do also joke with them. They bring me to places as well like to the beach, to rockclimbing, to swim at the pool at the neighbours, and for vacation. So far, I went with Eric and his friends
Suzanne to Lake Taho. It was fun and the scenery there was breathtaking. Too bad I dint have camera then..

All in all, life is not bad for me in US..! Thank God!

So something interesting happened today. A divorce mom and her daughter and son moved in to the house today. So i guess i have new housemates now. I am not sure how long they gonna stay... The son is younger than me and the daughter is probably 1-2 years older than me.. I dont know yet, maybe the same age as me... Cant really tell by their face. Anyway, she is kinda hot, so woot! :P

K lah, dont want to write anymore, or some people will say me lo soh~~

5 Comments:

  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger Jackson said…

    ok, i seriously dont know how to work the blog... so cacat! can i put more than 5 pictures?

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Daowen said…

    can.. u put pic that time choose the blank box.. don choose those left right thingy

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger Jackson said…

    oic ty... then how to do chatter box?

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    walao Mr Jack,u are really living a super good life there huh!!! *jealous*hahah...

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    jack jack!! Ur host house so damn nice man!! BElieve tat u enjoy there.....but dont enjoy until forget us!! And be confident on ur essay!! SItiawan here got jia yi, eileen and me support u....dont be retard oh!! Hehehehe!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home