Kampung Boy In USA...!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Disneyland - Saturday, 9th September

So we, the usual 5 of us, set out for LA on friday evening at 7.30 pm. From my place to LA is about 300plus miles. Takes about 6 hours if you drive 75-80 miles/hour. At 1.30am we reach our hotel, Hyatt, which is on the same street as Disneyland and only 10 minutes drive away. Just as we turn into the hotel's parking ground, I saw a group of chicks wearing super sexy clothes walking. Turns out there is a nightclub just beside the hotel and the parking area. So yea, there were alot of hot chicks around the parking ground that night. But damn, do I hate being an underage in this country...! Turning 18 soon but what the hell else can I do besides buying Playboy.... Hahahaha..
So John got us a room which has 2 queen size bed and the 5 of us slept in that room. Wat to do, wanna save money mah. So John and Lilian slept in one bed and me, my sis and Caroline slept on another. Damn sesak cuz my sis not that small size. Hahahaha.... By the time we went to bed, it was already 2.30am.....


The Hyatt Hotel
---------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, we woke up at 8am and got ready to go to Disneyland. John and Lilian who went there before said that they were gonna go later and continued sleeping. So me, my sis and Caroline went down to the lobby and took the free shuttle to go to Disneyland. From the drop of point to the entrance of the park is already 5 minutes walk. So can you imagine how big Disneyland is? We went through a security check -just incase some Alahlalalala tries to bom Disneyland- bought the entrance ticket, US$ 80 for 2 parks for a day. Yea there are 2 parks, the one on the right is the old and original Disneyland, and the one on the left is the new park where there are newer and scarier rides. So we went to the old park first. Got the map and the schedule of shows at the entrance and learned that the park closes at midnight. Since the tickets were so expensive, we decided to stay till midnight. Hahahaha



The new park~~ The Cinderella Castle~~

Just as we walk in the entrance there lies a train station. Probably the train takes you around the park. We walked around the station and there we were, at the small town of Disneyland. Damn neat! The town looks like old western town like that, but they are all shops and mostly souvenir shops. From the town is a straight road that leads to the castle, the Cinderella castle, you know, the one that we always see when we watch disney cartoon or movie. Around the castle are different different parts of the theme park. We went to our right first.


The first part we went~~ Nice eh~~

Our first ride is the Star Wars ride. Its like motion master where you sit in a chair and look at the screen and the chair moves. Only waited 15 minutes in line for this ride. Probably it was too early and there weren't many people. The ride was nice, felt really real. Next we went to the Toy Story ride. This time, we dont even need 5 minutes for the ride. You know why? Cuz it is a stupid ride where you sit in this moving thing which can spin and shoot non-motion-mostly-cardboard made monsters and get points. Funny thing is I dint know that untill halfway of the ride when Caroline asked me what was my point. Hahahahahaha... Anyway, it was a ride I would enjoy if I was younger.

After that we went for the Space Mountain ride. Dint know wat was it about cuz the ride was in a building. This time have to line up for half and hour. When I found out that it was kinda roller coster ride, I got scared and anxious cuz I am afraid of roller coaster rides and have been avoiding them since my trip to Sunway Lagoon when I was 10. Turned out the ride wasnt so bad. It was actually very nice. It was a very high speed ride where you feel like you are in space with air constantly blowing on your face with small ups and downs and big connerings. Next we went to Autopia where we drive car that goes at a speed of I-walk-even-faster and we are not allowed to bump into other cars. Another thing I would enjoy if I was a kid.





Autopia~~ Tea Cup~~ DizzY!


Then we moved on to another part of the park, the Fantasy Land. Here are all the kiddies ride. Well, on the way over, we saw ppl queing up to take pictures with Aeriel, real person, the character from little mermaid. The line was too long so we past on that. At fantasy land we went for the Tea Cup ride. You know, the one where you sit in a tea cup that spins and spins.. After that ride, I got super dizzy my head was hurting like I got a sun stroke. Anyway, after the tea cup we went to Its A Small World ride. Ok, this one hands down is the most boring one. You sit in a boat in a stream that goes into this erm building and see the dolls moves with the Small World music constantly playing. Drove us nuts!


The frigging Small World castle~~ Toon Town~~


After that we went to another part, Toon Town. And we went on another spinning ride which makes my headaches worst and a short, 30 seconds, small roller coaster ride. A 30 minutes wait for a 30 seconds ride.. Hmm, rugi business....
Then we have our lunch there. We decide to have hotdog. Wtf, it was super freaking cut throat expensive!!! 7 bucks for a lousy, miserable, dont taste good hotdog with rotten bread and some onions and a tiny small bag of potato chips! 3 dollars more for a non-refillable drink! Anyway, coincidently we met John and Lilian there who were also having lunch.


Freaking $7 hotdog~~! Pirates of the Carribean~~


After lunch we split up again.My sis and Carol wanted to take pcitures with Minnie Mouse but the line was super long and under the hot sun so I told them "dont want lah, come back again in the evening" cuz I didnt think my headache would stand a half hour wait under the sun. So we moved on and went to another part. There we went for the ride called Rolling Thunder, fast connering roller coaster. It was fun! At that point, I wasnt afraid of small roller coaster already! Hahaha. Then we waited in line for Pirates of Carribean. A boat ride looking at pirates, boats, burning town, and other things. Everything was nicely done. Looked almost real. After the boat ride, we went to the Haunted Mansion.. Just sit in a moving chair and looking at scarry stuffs and settings. Everything was nicely dont as well although not scarry. Probably I too old already.
Next we went to Splash Mountains. Sit inside a boat that drops down from a very high place. Sunway Lagoon also have. This ride was super popular. Had to wait 1 hour plus. But it was worth it cuz it was fun! Oh yah, Caroline who sat in front was soaked wet! and she was freezing cold cuz when the boat drop to the water, the water splashes on us. Hahahaha. I got abit water on me as well.... So fun. Wanted to go to the Winnie the Pooh ride but the line was too long and we thought it would be a kiddie ride.


Inside the Pirates Carribean~~ Haunted Mansion~~


Splash Mountain~~! The singing birds of Tiki Tiki Room~~

So we went to yet another part of the park. This time is was the Indiana Jones ride. We sat in a car going through monsters and "piu yee". Fun! Then we went to the Tiki Tiki Room. We dint know wat the hell that was at first. Rupa-rupanya its mechanical birds singing. And the funny part is the rest of the audience were singing along. Crazy Ah Mo! Hahaha.... So boring that we cabut halfway the show! Then John called and say that there were gonna be a parade at the small town at 6pm. So we went back to the town. It was only 5.15 and ppl were already sitting on the sidewalk waiting for the parade. Unbelievable! So went into a shop, look around, bought something, came back out and wait for the parade. By 6, the street were full and i mean full if people. The parade turned out not bad: Disney characters on moving decorated car, people dancing, and not surprisingly music.

The street, alot people eh!~~ The town~~!

The Parade~!

The Castle at night!~~ Tons of ppl~!

At around 7+, we went out of the old Disneyland, and went in to the new park. Walked in another town which made to be like Hollywood town. Went to the Tower of Terror to get the fast pass, the pass that will not required you to wait in line but you can only use it 1 hour after you get the pass..... So Tower of Terror is like Genting Highland Solero Shot except that you sit in a lift in a building, a hotel to be more precise, and just like Solero, its sudden accelaration upwards and sudden free fall drop! I told Caroline that I wont go on that ride and my sis as well. But she kept pujuk me to teman her to go on the ride and said that we no fun that I said see first. After we got the fast pass, we went to the Monster Inc. ride where you sit in a moving taxi and look at Monster Inc. monsters and sets.


The Hollywood Town~ Monster Inc.~~


After that we went to this boat ride. There were no line for this ride cuz only a few ppl were going in it. The ride is people sitting in a circle in a boat that bumps alot at the side, spins around quite often, and splashes into the water from a high place, not as high as Splash Mountain though. It was fun but we were soaking wet! And that time was already night so we were freezing cold. The constant wind blowing dint help at all. Probably that was why no one was going on that ride.So we dried ourselves off with tissue papers. Yea, it helped a little. Next we went to this flight simulation where you sit in a chair a few feet of the ground and looked at a giant screen in front of you and view all the beautiful sceneries of beautiful places in California from the air.


The flight simulation~~


Then came my worst nightmare, Tower of Terror. I agreed to teman Caroline to go on the ride. My sis waited outside with all our belongings. Woah, I was so scared and anxious! While going in and waiting in line for awhile, I kept whinning to Caroline how scared I am and why she made me do this! Hahahha. The only thing that calmed me and I bluff myself that it wasnt that scary was that some on the people brought their young ones on the ride as well. I am talking as young as 4 or 5 years old. While we were waiting outside of the lift to go in, they showed us a small video first, storyline, about last time the lift was build then suddenly drop down from high level killing many people. Bloodyfool, that made my anxiety and fear worse! While we were strapped down to the sit, I was still whinning to Carol. A young teenage girl, probably 12 or 13, who had waited in line with us and was sitting beside of me had to tell me that the ride wasnt that scary! Guess she heard all my whinning. How embarrassing was that?!! -_-!
So this was how the ride goes. First the lift went up a few floors, I think 4. In front of us was a mirror. Can see the image of us. Then the image sudddely turned into ghost-like. Then the image dissapear and behind the image there was another image of people in a lift suddenly drop down at high speed! Someone behind me said here we go and true enough the lift suddenly drop down! I screamed like crazy! Then it went up again in high speed to the highest floor and dropped down again for a few floor and went up again to the highest floor. The door opened and we can see the view of Disneyland. At that point, I was already scared the shit out of my pants! After a few seconds at the top floor, the lift dropped 2 - 3 levels, stopped half a second, and dropped again all the way to the lowest floor! That were the longest few seconds of my life! I opened my mouth like my soul wanna get out of my body! When we got out of the lift and went to look at the picture, they usually have camera to capture the moment and sell the picture, I saw most of the people have their hands up on the air! Wat the hell! All the time of the ride, I was pushing myself down to the chair with my hands and legs and the Ah MoS had their hands in the air?!! Wat the HELL?!! My whole body was abit weak from that ride! even writing abt this gave sweats to my palm!


Tower of Terror! Nightshot!


When we got out of the Tower of Terror, my sis told us that some lady told her that the park was closing soon as it was 9am+. Couldnt believe the lady and thought that Disneyland closes at 12am, we went into a shop and I asked a cashier. And she told us that that park closes at 9pm. Then only we knew that the old Disneyland closes at midnight and the new park closes at 9pm. Quite angry and dissapointed cuz alot rides more we havent go on in that new park. Lucky for me to cuz Caroline was gonna go on to the big and I mean big roller coaster. So we went out and went into the old Disneyland again to watch the fireworks show at 9.25pm.

The fireworks show was great! It was better than usual cuz this year is the 50th birthday. Really so nice the fireworks. Some are so bright that it pratically lit the whole night! And the street in the town was filled packed with people from 1 end to another! It was a traffic jam after the show was over. Went to some shops bfr heading back to the shuttle service to go back to the hotel. By the time we reached, it was already 10.30+ and we hadnt had our dinner yet! Was super hungry and was hoping John would drive us somewhere to get dinner! 2 minutes came in the door, John and Lilian came back. Asked John but he said he was tired and lazy and asked us to find food downstairs. Went down and was glad Pizza Hut was opened. Bought a personal pizza and some buffolo style chicken wings for 5 bucks each. Ate, shower, and went to bed at around 12am. That was my day of Disneyland day! :D The next day was Universal Studio!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger J-mes said…

    wei..jackson..this is james..how ru?? looks like ur having a great time there huh?? Good family taking care of u...wow nice...when u coming back? Or do u still wanna come back>

     

Post a Comment

<< Home